Oniken is a 2D platform action indie game that make use of 8-bit graphic style. Everything on Oniken, from the character design to music, is a tribute to the 8-bit action games from the NES era.
Oniken is developed by Danilo Dias and Pedro Paiva, two of the finest spriters I know. Despite all their artistic and gamy talent, both of them weren’t so gifted in communication skills. That’s when I came in, helping Danilo and Pedro let the world know of their great work. I sometimes also lend them a hand with some background tiles and with story and character development and level design.
On february/2014 the game was launched on Steam, the most popular digital game store on the world.
Genre: 8-bit style platform
Devs: Danilo Dias and Pedro Paiva
Platform: Windows / Mac / Linux
Release: June 22nd, 2012
Development: around two years
My role: Additional Programming. Created serial system, leaderboards, launcher menu and multi-language support.
- “GMB – Best Brazilian Indie Game of the Year.” São Paulo, 21 October, 2012
- “UOL Jogos – Best Brazilian Game of the Year.” São Paulo, 19 December, 2012
- “8 Bit Horse Award – Best Old-School Throwback of 2012” 27 January, 2013
- “8 Bit Horse Award – Best Action Game of 2012” 27 January, 2013
- “8 Bit Horse Award – Best 2D Game of 2012” 27 January, 2013
- “Fodinha de Ouro – Best Game of 2012 Made in Brazil” 25 February, 2013